COMprehensive Program to Enhance Technology, Engineering and ScieNCE Education (COMPETENCE) in Asia project, UNESCO Jakarta, 2010-2011
I joined Engineering, Sciences and Technology Unit at UNESCO Jakarta in 2010-2011. Partnering with National Research and Higher Education Networks and School on Internet (SOI) Asia Project of Keio University, the team led number of initiatives:
- COllaboration for Network-eNabled Education, Culture, Technology and Science (CONNECT) Asia, an initiative to improve access to information and knowledge sharing and collaboration among research networks and universities in Asia-Pacific region.
- eLearning courses for university students in Science, Technology and Engineering. One of them was Energy for Sustainable Development in Asia which attracted 600 participants from 23 countries.
- Installation of satellite connecting National University of Timor Leste (UNTL) with National Research and Education Networks in Asia Pacific region. UNTL students and lecturers can access distance learning courses and materials from partner universities.
- Providing free access to online academic journals and ebooks for UNTL, in partnership with SpringerLINK to p.
- Organising workshops such as Feed-in Tariff Workshop (Jakarta 2010), The Workshop of ODA/UNESCO Project for Collaboration on Education and S&T in Asia Pacific Region (Hanoi 2011), and 4th CONNECT Asia meeting (Bangkok 2011).