Open Data Conferences and Workshops, 2014-2015
Throughout 2014-2015, I participated in numbers of open data related conferences and workshops in Indonesia and abroad such as:
- I delivered presentations in International Open Data Conference 2015 in Ottawa, Canada. I shared Open Data Lab Jakarta’s experience promoting the use of open data for fiscal transparency in Indonesia and the Philippines, and how to use Right to Information laws for gaining access to data. My presentation can be downloaded in this link.
- I presented Open Data Lab Jakarta’s practical methods of engagement with governments and CSOs in Indonesia in Rebooting Open Data Workshop and High Level Conference on Data Revolution in Addis Ababa, Africa.
- Regional Open Data Agenda Setting Workshop where participants from 11 countries in Asia-Pacific articulated key strategies for achieving the ideal states of open data in the region.
- The Impacts of Civic Technology Conference 2015 in London, UK. I summarised takeaways from the discussion including social and political impacts of civic tech.
- Data Innovation for Policy Makers 2014 in Bali Indonesia.